As an Ethical Hacker within the Technology Practice of BDO Advisory your passion lies on the challenges of the latest developments concerning IT and Cyber Security. We are looking for enterprising talent to help build and shape our Technology Practice in the field of Managed Security and Ethical Hacking.
In this role you are responsible for mainly organizing and carrying out penetration tests and vulnerability scans. However, as our services line also include blue teaming and monitoring activities, you will be able to provide advisory and support to our internal Security Monitoring practice, and other related technical security activities for our clients. Next to this, you will be:
- The contact person for the client: you are able to determine the client needs and translate this into the right scope for the penetration test, approach and execution.
- Responsible for the execution of the security activities: this may vary from security testing to security monitoring.
- Responsible for deliverables/reports: You will be responsible for the final report and you are able to present this to the client independently.
Also, you are a sparring partner of the Cyber Security Practice and you think along with the cybersecurity advisory practice. By implementing, managing and testing the latest Managed Risk & Security solutions that protect our clients against cyber threats on a continuous basis.
- A degree (higher education or academic) relevant in technical and or organizational aspect of information security (e.g. Computer Science);
- A track record of education and experience within Cyber Security (e.g. OSCP, OSWE, OSCE or comparable certification);
- Knowledge and experience using a variety of Security Tools, such as Nmap, Aircrack, Nessus, Wireshark, Burp, Acunetix;
- Full understanding on relevant norms/standards in the Security industry, such as CIS, OWASP and CVSS and also of technical security solutions such as firewalls, IPS, SIEM and DLP ;
- Technical customer advisory experience in business services;
- The talent to clearly map out the client needs in a constructive way;
- The talent to think along with business plans;
- The following qualities: you are a team player, analytical, independent, critical and result-oriented. Also, you are eager to learn new skills.
BDO is a dynamic company, but balancing your private and professional life – and possible training – is very important to us. Equally important is the need to educate and develop yourself, professionally and personally. The BDO Academy offers a wide range of courses and the possibility of gaining hands-on experience. We also offer you a great salary and excellent conditions of employment, including:
- Competitive market salary
- Mobility budget / lease car
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Reimbursement of a phone subscription
- Reimbursement of €25,00 a month for a gym subscription
- Alluring pension scheme at Zwitserleven;
- Discount on (collective) health insurance via CZ or Zilverenkruis/Achmea.
- 32 vacation days
In our line of work, it is all about people. Only by building strong relationships with our customers, we can offer customized solutions in accountancy, tax and consultancy. More than 2400 Dutch employees all contribute to achieving our strategic objective: offering the very best service and delivering top quality. Our specific BDO way of working is based on our four core values: Personal, Passionate, Professional and Pragmatic.
In our line of service it is all about the people and technique. BDO is developing strongly regarding Managed Cyber. BDO has created a portfolio – related to Technique and Cyber Security – that aims at Ethical hacking, Security Sensors (such as IDS and Vulnerability Scanning), IT Security Assessments and Security Monitoring (SIEM).
Our team is growing strongly and we are looking for enthusiast specialists who can pick up the challenge of helping and improving our clients. In addition to carrying out projects, we are looking for colleagues who would like to start up new projects and go out to bind new customers to us.
Are you ready for a new career perspective and do you want to broaden your horizon? Please send us your cv by clicking the Solliciteer button (Dutch for apply). We aim to answer your application within ten working days.
Do you need more information or do you want to know more about the possibilities at BDO? Please contact Karien Bekkers – Senior Corporate Recruiter. You can reach her at Karien.Bekkers@bdo.nl, +31 40 269 82 19 or send her a WhatsApp message.
An online assessment is part of this selection procedure. In this assessment, eight competences/skills are being measured which are important for this job and your further career. In addition, a pre-employment screening is part of the application procedure for this vacancy. BDO uses the DSI screening for the financial sector.