Are you currently studying in the Netherlands, and do you want to gain experience in the Audit & Assurance department during your studies? Are you looking for a job where you get to be in touch with clients yourself? And do you like to work together with different colleagues in changing teams? Then being a working student at BDO is the perfect fit for you!
At BDO, we value personal attention and development and care about the personal touch. As a work-student in our Audit & Assurance department, you will receive a lot of freedom, responsibility and client contact from the start. You will be guided by a fixed mentor who shows you everything within BDO.
These are your responsibilities
- You will perform audit tasks on different accounting headings in the annual accounts;
- You will audit the annual report if it complies with GAAP and regulations;
- You draw up parts of the report;
- You delve into the different business processes that lead to the annual accounts;
- You help prepare letters and statements for the client.
This is what makes your job fun
- You’ll be working in changing teams, so you can learn from many experienced colleagues;
- You’ll work for many different clients: from international companies to SMEs and from renowned family businesses to non-profit organizations. This is what makes your job varied because every organization requires different activities;
- You’ll get a lot of opportunities to develop yourself, both professionally and personally;
- You will have a clear image of BDO and what we can offer you;
- Within BDO you will have plenty of career opportunities. After finishing your education you have the possibility to continue your career at BDO. In which case we offer a great deal of study facilities to pursue your (post)master’s to become a chartered accountant (RA) via the parttime route at the expense of BDO.
Dit ben jij
This is you
We are looking for a student who is eager to learn and is proactive, also not afraid to share your ideas. You are a good match with BDO if you like to take initiative, you are a social person and you are a team player. You are curious to know more about audit.
- You are in your bachelor’s or (pre-)master’s program at a Dutch university;
- You have a passion for financial figures and a clear interest in accountancy;
- You are motivated to learn from others;
- You are excellent in communication, both verbal and written;
- You are available from February 2023 onwards.
Dit bieden wij
What we offer
When you choose a career at BDO you will find yourself in an open, social and professional work environment where you will have every opportunity to develop yourself and create your own opportunities. We help you to recognize, develop and utilize your talents and skills, both on a professional and a personal level. We do this by, among other things:
- The BDO Academy which offers a wide range of training and practical experiences;
- Excellent guidance and training on-the-job by experienced colleagues;
- The Starter Academy which gives your job a kickstart;The Talent Development Program (TOP).
We also believe that performing goes hand in hand with relaxing. You will receive from us:
- A reimbursement of up to € 25.00 per month for the subscription costs of a selected gym in the neighbourhood;
- 32 days of vacation in case of full-time employment. Is that not enough? Then you have the possibility to buy 15 extra days of vacation per year.
You will receive, in addition to your salary, a wide range of fringe benefits, including:
- A laptop;
- Travel allowance;
- An expense allowance;
- Attractive pension scheme (participation for 21 years and up);
- Discount on (collective) health insurance through CZ or Zilverenkruis/Achmea;
- In May you will receive a holiday allowance of 8.33%
Dit is BDO
This is BDO
BDO offers not only the best solutions in the areas of audit, taxation and consultancy but also the best place to work. With 2,600 professionals, we are big enough to get opportunities and small enough to create them. You are in charge of your own career. You have your own clients - from multinationals to SMEs, from public organizations to family businesses. If anything characterizes us, it is our personal approach. We are an office where everyone can be themselves and we want to be a reflection of society. We stimulate a realistic work-life balance that gives wings to healthy ambition. Does our mentality appeal to you? Then this is your chance.
If you fit the aforementioned profile, thenwe are curious about you! Upload your resume and motivation using the application button. You can expect a response from us within 10 working days. Would you first like to know more about the possibilities? Please feel free to contact Lotte Geerlings (Campus Recruiter) via WhatsApp of via Lotte.Geerlings@bdo.nl
An online assessment and pre-employment screening is part of the application process. In the online assessment eight competencies are measured that are important for this position and your further career.